Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Earlier this year, I received papers from school for Kennedy to be a Cougar Pal, which is basically a class ambassador for new kids to show them around.  Kennedy being chosen for this was not a surprise to me because that is something in her nature.  However, a couple of days later, CAYDEN got the same paper.  I remember telling Mark, wow must have been slim pickens in Cayden's class because I am not sure he was the best choice.  So yes, sometimes I have very little faith in Cayden, but who can blame me sometimes.  So this past weekend Kennedy was participating in Faith in Action at our church and their project was to do a backyard bible type thing at two apartment complexes.  Well Cayden and I tagged along, because she had to leave early for softball.  We get there and they have bounce houses, popcorn, games, etc.  Cayden is running around playing and few kids from the apartments start to come out.  Cayden runs over and tells me there is a little boy from his class there, so I said, 'Good you should go play with him'  What I didn't know is that the little boy he was talking about was a little boy in his class that has Autism, so as I was talking to his mom we started talking about their class and stuff.  They let the air out of the bounce houses while the LITs were doing a craft and bible study, but the little boy was a little upset because he just wanted to jump.  After she finally talked him into sitting down and got him some popcorn and lemonade he seemed to be ok.  He sat down by Cayden and Cayden was talking to him and all of a sudden I see Cayden put his arm on his friend's back and ask him if he's ok.  That was the sweetest thing, and a side I never see from him.  He isn't usually my compassionate kid, that would be Kennedy, but apparently he has a side I don't get to see.  I wish I would have had a picture of it to post here, but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww!!! This made me tear up! That is so awesome! He gets that from his momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet of you to say. But yeah I like to think he does. I really wish I could have gotten a picture though. Because you know he is not like that. Heck could you see him caring if Caden was okay??? Haha.

      Delete