Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My God is big, so mighty and strong........



There's nothing my God can not do!  This song was sung in children's church this week and Cayden sang it all do on Sunday....Yes I said Cayden!  My kid who doesn't like most anything but music really isn't his thing.   Sometimes he really can cause me to go bananas with his dislike for almost everything, sports, school, and just whatever else he isn't interested in.  But Sunday to hear him not only singing but singing a song he learned at church really made me smile.  And it also was an appropriate song for him to be singing since getting him to sing and a church song no less is nothing but a God thing.  He is also doing a first grade jump start program this week at school.  When I told him he said he wasn't going because that sounded boring.  Too bad for him, he doesn't get a choice.  So day one, I go to pick him up and ask him how he likes it and he says, 'It was fun, but I am not coming back!' So last night, Mark and I were in the living room talking and he walks in, flicks his hand and lets us know by the way he is quitting this school thing.  My response was well by the way, you are 6 and you don't make the rules!  Today again he says he likes it, but he still plans on quitting.  Well he only goes 2 more days, so I plan on telling him he can quit on Thursday.  That way he goes all four days and he feels like he won since he got to quit.  I see that as a win win!  But really he is gonna be the death of me, because he is so stubborn and so creative that he can always find ways that sound really convincing why he can't or shouldn't do something.  It is almost fun just to see what comes out of his mouth, because you truly never know what it will be.  As I am typing this he is over talking to Mark trying to tell him why he shouldn't have to go back to school tomorrow......I forgot to mention that he is very persistant!  He was mad at me the other day and he told Mark that he was moving away, Mark asked where and he said to Dot and Fred's(my aunt and uncle and that is Cayden's favorite place to go), so he asked me if he could call her because he needed to ask her something, apparently he didn't know I heard the conversation between him and Mark.  He calls and not once mentions moving there.  haha.  Guess he didn't want me to hear him and I was sitting right there.  Sad thing is I think if I gave him an option, he would actually probably go live with them.  I am so blessed that they are in my family's life, and glad they live close enough for us to visit when we can, it is like having another set of grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment