Sunday, September 9, 2012

Great Weekend

So this weekend started the season for Softball and Soccer.  Kennedy and her team had a good game winning 14-3.  I hope they continue to stay on the winning side of things, although they are pretty good about not getting down when they lose.  I know her coach prefers the win, but it's nice to know that they don't take it to heart when they lose!  In the end it is all just a game after all.  Cayden started soccer, which was a beating for me.  He said he wanted to play soccer until it comes time to actually play and now he doesn't.  This will be the last season of sports for him!  After the games we just relaxed and didn't do much.  Then today was church, a nap, and Mark cooked out on the grill.  I love those kind of Sundays! 

The one thing missing is our friends in Arizona.  We sent them a box this past week(well for two of them) and I got a picture of Caden in his pajamas we sent him that Cayden grew out of.  His face was so cute.  And to hear he called Cayden Nash his best friend made my heart smile.  As much as they didn't like each other here I think the miles between them makes the difference!  They will probably have  a love/hate relationship for a long time.  But will probably be lifelong friends anyway!

As I get the kids ready for bed tonight, Cayden comes in and talks about he won't be here tomorrow because he is going to a battle with his Pokemon cards.  Yeah just out of the blue.  I look at Mark and said 'I really wonder if his mind ever rest?'  He just amazes me with some of the things he says that really make no sense to anyone but him.  Then after he was supposed to be in bed I go in his room and his lamp is on and he is sitting in the floor so I tell him to turn off the light and get in bed.  His response 'No, that's okay, I am staying up!'  Really it wasn't a suggestion!  Even as I am typing here is again telling me about his battle tomorrow.   Wonder what that kid will be when he grows up??????  Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment